Sunday 20 November 2011

Birdman Eating - Melbourne - 238 Gertrude Street, Fitzroy

I had a couple of hours to spare so I popped into Birdman Eating for brunch.

I have eaten lunch here before and the shared plates were surprisingly innovative. The place has a quirkiness like its name with some unusual flavours mixed with fresh produce. Say, sous vide octopus with watermelon salad.

This time I kept it simple and had baked eggs with ham, cheese and tomato. It looked impressive in its little cast iron dish but was unfortunately saturated with the taste of ham - pull back on the ham chefs.

This place is featured as a cheap eat in books but I wouldn't call it cheap. A number of small plates at $18 a pop does tally up if you as much as I do.

6.5/10

Previously I would have given this place a 7/10 but consistency brings it down. I will be back for more lunches and maybe dinner.

 Birdman Eating on Urbanspoon

Adles

No comments:

Post a Comment