Sunday 6 May 2012

Pier - Melbourne - 1 Pier Street, Port Melbourne

We thought we would make a trip to the other side of town to Port Melbourne.

We rocked up at Pier with no booking and got in straight away - a worry.

There were many cuisines on the menu - greek, italian, french, spanish, Aussie - and worrying a little bit more.

And my friend added "Look at the prices babe, my steak is $40 and I get shit wine and paper napkins."

Despite this, the whitebait was surprisingly edible and moorish. My rib eye was cooked perfectly medium rare and the vegies were rightly crisp. My friend's eye fillet was also well done or rather done well medium rare.

Restaurants on this side of town have a more exclusive and chandelier feel about them, as do the beautiful people. The menu is just outdated - try-hard sophistication does not mean hip in my book.

Cost was around $65 with a bad glass of wine.

Overall quite good but nothing to rave about.

Pier on Urbanspoon

 6.5/10

Adles

No comments:

Post a Comment