Thursday 12 January 2012

Cutler & Co - Melbourne - 55-57 Gertude Street, Fitzroy

This is my 3rd visit to Cutler & Co.

I have had a longstanding love affair with Andrew McConnell. We have had many blind dates at Mrs Jones, Dining Room 211, Three, One, Two, Cumulus Inc and Golden Fields - shame though that he was not on the other end of the table. Secretly I was also not so upset when my bible, the Gourmet Traveller, mentioned he had split with his wife. I am a bad person. More secretly, I think I now have a chance. If I eat at his restaurants often enough he will notice and will come and say hello and cook for me for the rest of his life.

Ok, back to Cutler & Co. I did really love the 3rd visit. It was one of the best work dos I have been to.  Set menu, degustation style but not the full degustation menu. When you go, you must have the degustation, everything is a taste sensation. The a la carte is good but it won't wow you.

Duck and beef here are done so well and the desserts are some of the best around Melbourne.

I love the architecture and design of this place, including the freaky ferns.

Wine is also excellent.

Expect to drop a mild bomb here, about $160.

Cutler & Co on Urbanspoon

8.5/10

Adles

No comments:

Post a Comment